Me, again…Day 2 of the 31-Day Blog Challenge. Today, it’s all about me – literally. Here are 20 facts about me. For my biggest fans and followers, and even my best friends, I bet some of these will surprise you…
Why Am I Doing This?
For those of you who are just joining me, thank you for reading! I’m taking on this challenge because I realized that I spend all my time writing for clients, and I hardly make time to write my own content, which is 100% my own fault. So, I’m using this as a great opportunity to write more content for myself, and as an exercise to improve my writing talent.
Here are 20 facts about me:
1. My favorite color is red.
2. I was born and raised in Massachusetts.
3. I spent my childhood reading, and writing my own books and drawing pictures, which I would share with my first grade classmates.
4. My worst haircut ever was in 6th grade.
5. I’ve always hated the dentist.
6. I am the only girl in my family. I grew up with 4 boy cousins—and a younger brother (This is why I’m afraid of spiders…)
7. I learned how to play the clarinet in 5th grade—and played until I was 21.
8. I met and performed with Kenny Rogers at his Christmas show in 2005.
9. I do not like country music.
10. I like rock and metal music—80s rock is my favorite.
11. I graduated from college a semester early.
12. I know Spanish.
13. I have two tattoos.
14. I wanted to be a teacher – then I started working in publishing, which changed my career path.
15. I name all my pets after rock musicians.
16. I started my own business in January 2011 – during a snowstorm.
17. I have over 20 pairs of shoes. Easy.
18. I bought and live in my grandparent’s house, where I grew up.
19. I’ve been to Spain and Bermuda.
20. I run three businesses today.
My greatest success: My businesses and my career.
My biggest failure: Romantic relationships.
Thanks for reading.