Okay, I’m kind of cheating with this one. Instead of my 10 favorite foods, I’m going to talk about my favorite things. The reason for this is bedside living with a mild dairy allergy, there are a lot of “favorite” foods that I love but can’t necessarily eat. Like pizza…or ice cream. Delicious? Yes and yes… but for me they mean a slow, painful death. (Not really, but it feels like it…)
So here are my top 10 favorite THINGS to do:
1) Dance – It is both an art and talent, and it’s one of the times when I really feel beautiful. Although I might leave the studio tired, sore, and bleeding, but I never leave in a bad mood.
2) Work out – From cardio to running to dance, I exercise every day. It’s healthy, it boosts my productivity, and just makes me feel…good. Some call me a health nut, but the way I see it is it is the only time each day I have ONLY to myself. Just me, my thoughts, and I…
3) Read – I NEVER have time for this, but when I do, it’s glorious. My favorite place to read is either at the beach or by the fire in Maine. No phone, no email, no computer, no house to clean. Just…quiet.
4) Bake – I learned to bake from my mom. Then, through growing up, experience, and Pinterest, I’ve learned to make my own creations. And I will only bake for others. If you’re sad or alone or it’s Christmas time, and cookies show up at your door, that was just my way of saying “I love you” or “I’m thinking about you” or “thank you”.
5) Go to a concert – I try to go to at least a few shows each year—even if it’s the same band. So far, the count for 2016 is 0…
6) Work – Yup. Call me nuts…but I love my jobs; therefore, work isn’t really work to me (but, yes, a break is always appreciated, and is necessary).
7) Write – This kind of goes along with #6, but writing for me is an expression—even when I’m writing about boring topics. It’s always something I’ve enjoyed—personally and professionally.
8) Travel – I love adventures and seeing new places. I’ve visited the entire East Coast and been out of the country. Any opportunity I have to travel, I take it—especially to warmer climates.
9) Learn – I love learning new things. Whether it’s reading a blog, taking a class or making a mistake, learning something new allows me to grow a little bit more each day.
10) Laugh – Laughter is the best medicine, and it’s one of the best things in life.